Over the coming weeks, we’ll be migrating accounts to the new Rotaready sign-in page. There’s nothing you need to do. It will look a little different, but still works in the same way.
What’s the same
- The steps to sign-in haven’t changed. You enter the same information as usual, such as your username or email address, and password.
What changed and why?
We’ve re-engineered the sign-in experience and added new features to make accessing (and recovering access to) your account easier and more secure:
- Ditch the username! You can now sign-in with your email address. If there isn’t one associated with your account, you’ll be prompted to enter one when you next sign-in.
- ‘Forgot Organisation’ helps you rediscover your Rotaready Organisation Name.
- ‘Forgot Password’ has been redesigned to be faster and more secure.
- Introducing support for Single Sign On (SSO).
- Consistent sign-in experience across web browsers and the Rotaready mobile apps.
- A clean, modern design, making it faster to sign-in.
Our changes also pave the way for future functionality, such as Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
How to help keep your account secure
There are a few simple ways to improve your account’s security:
- Add an email address and a mobile phone number, so you can recover access to your account.
- Use a password that’s difficult to guess, with a combination of numbers, letters and symbols.
- Always sign-out when you’re finished, especially if you’re using a shared or office computer.
If you sign in on a device that’s not yours (like a shared or office computer), learn how to browse in private to help protect your account.